Sunday, October 22, 2017

22641 Thiruvananthapuram Shalimar SF Express Spotted Near PDPK

Howrah WAP4 hauls the train | © Soumos Railways
Today (21st Oct) was such a cloudy, gloomy, rainy and a dull day. It rained so heavily last night and continued till late today morning. Due to this heavy unseasonal downpour, I had to abandon the rf session at SHM earlier this morning which I was planning since earlier this week. It was however a busy day, we were celebrating Bhai dooj but I was back home by 1330, and the rain somewhat also stopped so I thought of going to Shalimar until my mom cooked the lunch. She was also travelling with me so we both were late.


Towards Shalimar | © Soumos Railways
I was able to spot two trains this afternoon, first was the 18030 Shalimar LTT Express (this post and video is published on 24th October, read this blog post here) and when the LTT one left, came in was the 22641 Shalimar Express Thiruvananthapuram Central - Shalimar SF Express. Probably that was standing somewhere waiting for signal to come in. The Trivandrum Shalimar train was hauled by a Howrah WAP4 locomotive no. 22525. It is always great to see my home town's flag carriers.

The video of 22641 Shalimar Express Thiruvananthapuram Central - Shalimar SF Express (PT), coming in through PDPK can be seen through the video link below:




Please excuse me but maybe due to cloudy weather and low light, my camera was not able to focus properly. Maybe I need to play more with the settings of the new camera. I had to cut off a few sections as the footage was too shaky, strong wind was the culprit by shaking my umbrella and my hand. However after edit I think it is not too bad to watch.


Green Bea Eater | © Soumos Railways
BTW I spotted a 'Green Bee Eater' bird today on the tracks where I was standing and waiting for these trains. This is first time I saw this bird in my hometown, beautiful isn't it. Maybe the closer location of the station to the 'Shibpur Botanical Garden', which is a birdwatchers' paradise in itself - so many different types of birds can be seen at this stretch along the rail tracks. Maybe I should do a separate post dedicated to my experience of birdwatching while railfanning here.

Here is the RF data:

Date: October 21 2017
Place: Near PDPK - Padmapukur Railway Station.
Zone (Spotting location): SER - South Eastern Railway
Loco: Howrah WAP4 no. 22525
Loco Shed: HWH Howrah
Loco Zone: ER Eastern Railway
Train: Inbound 22641 Shalimar Express Thiruvananthapuram Central - Shalimar SF Express (PT)
Train Board Inscriptions (Vernacular): തിരുവനന്തപുരം സെൻട്രൽ - ഷാലിമാർ സൂപ്പർഫാസ്റ്റ് എക്സ്പ്രസ്സ്‌ / तिरूवनंतपुरम सेंट्रल - शालिमार सुपरफास्ट एक्सप्रेस.
Towards Station | © Soumos Railways

Thanks for stopping by. As always, corrections, comments, suggestions new ideas, travel tips (or anything) are very much welcome and appreciated.

© Soumos Railways | Do connect with #SoumosRailways 
on YouTubeFacebookTwitterBlogger and Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment